Sunday, December 20, 2015

Race Pace Intervals

Yesterday, I did cardio tennis at TCCP again.  Again I was not overly impressed, but it was OK.  I only burned about 300 calories according to my Basis Peak.

In the afternoon, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a race pace interval run.  I did 8 x 9:30 at 6.3 mph, alternating with 8 x 5:00 at 5.0 mph.  9:30 at 6.3 mph is 1 mile, so these were mile intervals.  The run took me 1:56:00, and the distance came to 11.3 mi.  This run felt harder than I was expecting.  My legs were still tired, despite the day off on Friday and getting almost 9 hours of sleep.

This morning, I did my usual Sunday morning boxing class.  It was fine.  I was a bit tired, but not too bad.  We did some suicide sprints, and my legs didn't like those.

No comments:

Post a Comment