Monday, December 28, 2015

Running in Grosse Pointe

My husband and I visited his family in Grosse Pointe, MI, over Christmas.  I really like to run a lot over the holiday to try to offset all the crappy food that I eat.

With the airplane travel we had and family events on Christmas Eve, I didn't get to do any activity.

On Christmas day, it was actually mid-40s F in Grosse Pointe and dry!  In the afternoon, I did a run outside along Lake St. Clair.  I ran 5.53 mi in 59:46, for an average speed of 5.55 mph.  The good thing about outside runs is that I don't take breaks like I do on the treadmill, so it was an hour of continuous running, which was pretty good.

On Saturday, I went to a local fitness club to run on the treadmill.  I did the next run on my training schedule, which was an 80-min easy run.  In the 80 minutes, I ran 7.45 mi at 5.6 mph.  This was a bit tricky, since the treadmill was programmed to stop after 30 min.  And I won't get started on the annoying touch screen!

Sunday morning, I went back to the fitness club for the treadmill, since it was raining.  I ran for 60 min at 5.6 mph, obviously totaling 5.6 mi.

This morning, I went to the fitness club and did a run/walk on the treadmill.  I had planned a run, but my legs were just tired.  I alternated running at 5.6 mph for 5 min and then walking at 4.0 mph for 5 min for 45 min.  The last 15 min, I did all running.  The distance came to 5.0 mi for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment