Sunday, November 19, 2017

A lot of tennis + a run

Yesterday afternoon, I had my first session of contract time for tennis.  It's going to be nice to be doing this instead of trying to get courts each week for indoor practice.  During practice, I focused on hitting the slow balls with my own pace and in placing volleys and overheads as put-aways.  I feel like a really did pretty well with that and it was a useful practice.  It was also a good group.

Yesterday evening, my husband and I had a 7.5 mixed combo match.  We won 6-2, 6-2 in 58 minutes.  My husband was really "on", with amazing forehand groundstrokes and good hands at the net.  The opposing woman really couldn't handle his pace on the returns.  I was playing well, also, and got some volleys and overheads like I had been practicing. The four games that we lost were on the opposing man's serve.  I was having trouble with the spin on them, even though they weren't extremely high-pace.  I adjusted my distance from the baseline and started doing better, but that was definitely our weak spot.

This morning, I did the next run on my training schedule.  This was another 3-mi easy run at a 12:06 pace.  Since I could run this outside, I had to stick with the pace instead of letting the treadmill do it.  It really felt slow at first.  I ended up with an average pace of 11:55 min/mi, so I missed the run a bit.  It was a nice day for running, at about 50 F and windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment