Friday, November 17, 2017

A Match and a Run

Yesterday morning, I did another strength training based on Nia Shanks's website.  The exercises were:
  • 3 x 5 - 7 Romanian deadlifts, with 25-lb dumbbells
    • 3 x 8 - 10 chin-ups - I do 3 or 4 regular and the rest negative
    • 3 x 8 - 10 dumbbell presses with 20-lb dumbbells
  • 3 x 10 - 15 per leg walking lunges with 15-lb dumbbells
    • 3 x 15 wrist curls with 5-lb dumbbells
    • 3 x 15 reverse wrist curls with 5-lb dumbbells
  • 3 x 10 - 15 Swiss ball curls

Last night, my husband and I played a 7.5 mixed combo match.  We played against a 4.5 man, who had a really hard serve, and a 3.0 woman, who was very inexperienced.  We won 6-2, 6-1, but it wasn't a very fun match.  It was just too on and off with the hard and then softs shots.

This morning I skipped my workout in order to get a little more sleep, since I have had three 9pm tennis matches this week, and I have one more on Saturday.

This evening after work, I did the next run on my training schedule.  This one was the same as Wednesday night:  3 miles at a 12:00 min/mi pace.  I did this on the treadmill at 5.0 mph.  It went OK.  I am trying to keep my cadence up, close to 180 SPM and concentrating on not getting lazy and taking a break on the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment