Monday, November 27, 2017

Tennis & Mobility

Yesterday I subbed in to some tennis contract time, so I played doubles tennis for two hours.  It was good to play again after some time off around Thanksgiving.  I felt like I was playing pretty well in terms of net play.

This morning I did my routine for tennis and running strength and mobility.  These are intended to be low-weight, high-rep moves for more accessory-type muscles.  Here are the moves:
  • 2 x 15 per arm external shoulder rotations with 5-lb dumbbell
  • 2 x 15 per arm vertical shoulder rotations with 5-lb dumbbells
  • 2 x 16 steps per side "monster walks" - lateral steps while squatting with a resistance band around the calves
  • 15 per leg "sneaky lunges" - walking lunges where the entire sequence is done on tip-toes
  • 2 x 15 per leg calf raises with 30-lb dumbbell
  • 15 eccentric calf raises
  • 3 x 30 sec walking on tip-toes
  • 15 hamstring curls on Swiss ball
  • 15 per side hip strengtheners (from Runner's World)

No comments:

Post a Comment