Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Week Exercise

On Tuesday morning, I did my agility and plyo workout.  It had 8 agility moves and about 8 different plyo exercises.

Tuesday evening, I had gotten an invitation to play tennis, so I played two hours of tennis with some ladies that I know.  It wasn't very serious tennis, but it was fun.  I was happy to get in a little more tennis, because the next time I will play is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Wednesday morning, I did the fourth workout from Nia Shanks's website.  I changed the sumo deadlift move, since I have a hard time keeping my back straight in deadlifts.  The moves were
  • 3 x 5 - 7 Romanian deadlifts with 25-lb dumbbells
    • 3 x 8 - 10 close-grip chin-ups
    • 3 x 8 - 10 one-arm dumbbell push presses with a 20-lb dumbbell
  • 3 x 10 - 15 per leg split-leg squats with 15-lb dumbbells
    • 3 x 15 wrist curls with 5-lb dumbbells
    • 3 x 15 reverse wrist curls with 5-lb dumbbells
  • 3 x 10 - 15 per side upright slow bicycles
Wednesday evening, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 3-mile run at a 12:00 min/mi pace.  I did this on the treadmill.

On Thanksgiving, my husband and I were traveling to my mother's for Thanksgiving, so I didn't have time to do any exercise.

On Friday morning, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was actually something differently!  I had to run 4 miles at a faster "easy' pace of 11:18 min/mi.  I also had 4 strides to do during the run.  I ran outside on the local walking/biking path along the Allegheny River.  It was quite cool - a little lower than freezing out, which felt great.  I missed the paces on the first two miles by being a little too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment