Monday, February 17, 2014

Another Win, and Starting Recovery Week

My 3.0 team won all the courts last night.  The opposing team is usually a pretty weak team, and last night was no exception.  Fran and I won on #1 doubles with 6-1, 6-1.  I don't think I played particularly well, but it was good enough to get the job done.  Eight wins in a row now!

Saw the nearly full waning gibbous Moon when leaving the match.  Another pretty night, but too cold to want to stay out to appreciate it.

This morning I started my recovery week for my morning workouts.  I did Core Cardio & Balance from the Insanity program.  According to my BodyMedia, I burned 186 calories.  This is a really good recovery workout because it does get your heart going, but it's not a killer.  I can tell I haven't been doing much jumping in my workouts lately, though, because some of the moves were tough.

It's kind of funny to think of this as recovery, because I burned more than in my workouts last week, but it is a recovery from lifting.  Over the last three weeks, my morning workouts have been focused on strength, using mostly Body Beast BULK workouts.  So no lifting this week.  I do have to really make myself take it easy, though, because I just feel like I'm slacking off.

Tonight I have a 3.5 match.  Unfortunately it's way up at Tennisplex, so it's going to be a late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment