Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ninth Win in a Row!

Anu and I won our court last night in our 3.5 match.  It wasn't too tough: 6-4, 6-0.  One of our opponents was older and couldn't move well, and so we took advantage of that.  The other woman was getting very frustrated.  In the second set at 5-0, she said, "Well, this isn't fun any more."  What are we supposed to do about that?  We weren't mean about winning, but it's not like we're going to lose because she feels bad.  This was my ninth win in a row!

Anu was hitting some awesome forehand returns.  Even though our opponents had very little pace on their serves, she managed to slam them back deep to the baseline.  I talked to her afterward about how she did that, and she said she really tries to flip her hand over (generating topspin), which helps to keep them in.  I really need to try that.  When I get balls with pace, I can hit pretty strong forehands, but I overhit weak balls usually.

In fact, our team won all of the courts last night, giving us all a boost in morale, since we've played some hard teams.  I had been hoping for a sweep, but it was nice to see it happen.

This morning for my workout I did Cathe Friedrich's 4 Day Split Kickbox workout.  It's one of my very favorites, although it's not really a challenge any more, which is why I do it in my recovery week.  I burned about 220 calories according to my BodyMedia.  This workout is what got me interested in kickboxing and boxing many years ago.  It's still fun to do, although I find her punching a little slow and stylized now.

I am starving this morning for some reason.  My planned calorie intake was about 1600 yesterday, but I cheated on that with a cookie and a piece of chocolate, so it wasn't that low.  Snagged some M&Ms from the main office this morning.

I have another 6.5 combo match tonight.  We're playing a hard team, so I suspect my winning streak is about to come to an end.  Oh, well, a challenging match that you lose is still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment