Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Horrible Tennis

Well, my tennis last night at TCCP was horrible.  It's a good thing it wasn't an official match, because I just couldn't pull my game together.  My groundstrokes wanted to go long, and I wasn't really seeing the ball at the net.  When I lobbed a bit, I did better.  My serves were also pretty good.

I know everyone has ups and downs in their game, but it's frustrating to do so badly.  It seems that I often play badly on Monday (maybe that's just confirmation bias, and not really the case).  I wonder if that's because I do so much on the weekend that I'm just tired on Mondays?  Although I did get 8 hours of sleep on both Friday and Saturday nights, which was great.

On the plus side, it was a gorgeous clear evening.  One thing I do like about this time of year is that Orion and the other pretty winter constellations are in prime position right after sunset.

This morning my workout was P90X2 Shoulders + Arms and X2 Ab Ripper.  I've always like the Shoulders + Arms workout because it doesn't involve terribly fancy moves - it just has you do most of the moves standing on one foot.  I was hoping I'd be able to lift a bit heavier than I did after doing Body beast the previous month, but I guess not.  According to my Body Media, I burned about 186 calories for the whole thing.  I also did some foam rolling on my legs afterward, especially my left IT band.

I have a match tonight.  I'm hoping that I can play a bit better than last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment