Thursday, February 20, 2014

Rest Day

Yesterday afternoon, I did a tempo run as part of my half-marathon training.  I ran 5.0 miles at 6.5 mph, except for a 5-minute walking warm up and cool down.  I did it in 51:41, which was faster than both previous times.  Nice!  I did have to take some short walking breaks during the run.  During the run, I watched Star Trek TOS "The Conscience of the King", which is a good episode - a lot of good dialogue.

Today is my rest day.  This morning I did a shortened version of P90X2's X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I basically only do the foam rolling and the stretching at the end.  No workout or match for this afternoon/evening!

I always struggle with rest days, because I feel lazy.  I know that they are good for you, but somehow it's hard to relax.  Especially since my weight is up about 2.5 lbs since my recent low on Saturday.  I know that's only water weight, but still it's hard to take.  Since I should have a low-stress day today, that should go down tomorrow.  But I've been hungry lately, so it's been hard not to cheat.  So many conflicting impulses!

No comments:

Post a Comment