Thursday, February 27, 2014

Crazy Balance Moves

Yesterday after work, I did a run focusing on speed intervals.  I did 5 minutes of warm up and cool down walking at 3.5 mph.  Then I did 8 intervals with 3 minutes at 7.1 mph and 90 seconds at 3.5 mph.  This totaled 46:00 and 4.12 miles.  It's amazing to me how running just a little bit faster can be so much harder.  A few weeks ago I did the same interval set up, but at 7.0 mph, and it seemed so much easier.  Even the Star Trek TOS episode I watched didn't keep my mind off of the fact that I was working so hard.  But the intervals are supposed to help me run faster overall, which would be nice, so I stick with them.

I sweated so much and lost enough salt that I didn't get bloated up today after eating out last night with my husband and father-in-law.  I even had a bunch of salty prosciutto (yum!).  I do put Nuun All-Day in my water when I exercise, but it can't keep up with the electrolyte loss in running apparently.

This morning, I did P90X2 Chest + Back + Balance and X2 Ab Ripper.  I have a love-hate relationship with this work out.  I do love the feeling of actually finishing it.  However, I hate some of its crazy balance moves because they are, well, crazy.  Since I can't do a lot of unassisted pull-ups, I modify most of the pull-up moves to be regular pull-ups or chin-ups, using a chair to assist.  But I do the rest of the moves as indicated.  I will say that it's a good feeling of accomplishment to be able to do moves like the "side arm balance" on a medicine ball with essentially no struggle.  Since the last time I did this workout, I definitely lost pull-up strength, but I kept my chest strength pretty similar.  I burned about 240 calories on the whole thing.  Afterward, I foam rolled my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment