Friday, March 20, 2015

Disney World, Days 4 and 5

On Wednesday, I got up in time for a run around the hotel grounds again.  I ran 3.04 mi in 28:23, which is an average speed of 6.4 mph.  I was pretty psyched, because this is rather faster than I usually run, and the run felt pretty good.  It was certainly a gorgeous day.

We spent most of the day at Animal Kingdom.  The safari was particularly good, with lots of animals to see; we got onto the ride at about 9:30am, so I think the animals were still pretty active.  The big rollercoaster in the park was also pretty good.  We got in lots of walking, as well.

Yesterday, I got up in time for another run.  In the first few minutes of this run, it was clear that the GPS has messed something up, as it said that I completed the first half-mile in less than 3 minutes.  Um, no.  I ran until the GPS said 3.04 mi, which was 28:15.  This was an average speed of 6.45 mph, but I really only ran about 2.8 mi.  Since this distance and time was very similar to Wednesday's run, I suspect the GPS also had a glitch on Wednesday, and didn't actually run as fast as I thought.  The glitch just wasn't as obvious of a jump as this one was.  Oh, well.

We flew back home yesterday afternoon, and then I had a match with my 3.5 team last night.  Unfortunately, we lost all the courts, which I had not expected.  My partner, Jessica, and I lost 6-3, 6-4.  We had a lot of unforced errors, but our opponents also had a lot of really good angled shots.  Oh, well.

Today is my rest day.  This morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I burned about 70 calories.

My Basis Peak really bases a lot of its calorie calculations on steps.  I did a lot of walking (and running) in Disney World, and I got some of my highest step counts and calorie counts since I've been wearing the Peak.  Maybe that's accurate, but it's hard to be sure.  I don't necessarily feel like I was more tired than many other days when I've played a lot of tennis (for example), but didn't not get as high of a step or calorie count.

No comments:

Post a Comment