Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lots of Tennis!

Yesterday I played about 6 hours of tennis!

First, I had an outdoor practice with my tennis team in the afternoon.  It was finally supposed to get warm and sunny, so how could we not play outside?  We played three rounds.  In the first round, my partner, Bhanu, and I lost 6-1, which was a bit unexpected.  In the second round, my partner, Viqui, and I won the first set 7-6, and then lost the part of the next set we played 2-1.  In the last round, I played singles and unexpectedly won 6-4.

In the evening, Bill and I attended a tennis social at Fairland organized by Jessica and her husband.  There was a lot of food, although I didn't really eat that much, because I can't eat a lot and then play.  We each played 5 sets with different partners.  Jessica and her husband did a good job with the organization, so the play kept going pretty smoothly, and we had pretty good pairings.  I managed to win the second-most number of games among the women, so I got second prize!  By the end of the night, I was completely wasted.  In my last set, my arm was all noodly when I was serving, so I was lucky that I managed to keep going.  It was a lot of fun!

This morning I did my usual boxing class.  I definitely took it easy, since I had played so much tennis yesterday.  It was good to be back, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment