Monday, March 23, 2015

P90X3

Yesterday evening I did one of the runs on my training schedule.  I'm switching the order of some of the runs, because I knew that last night I was going to be too tired for a fast run.  Instead I did a 50-min easy run.  I ran at 5.8 mph on the treadmill for 50 minutes, which came to a distance of 4.83 mi.  I took a lot of breaks on the side rails.

This morning I started P90X3.  I did Total Synergistics (starting with Cold Start), which was an OK workout.  I refuse to do the yoga pose "plow", because it kills my neck.  There were a few other moves that I couldn't do well yet.  I burned about 90 calories.

I decided to get P90X3 because the shorter workouts fit into my schedule better right now.  Also, with my tennis and running, I'm not sure I really need a longer workout.  Finally, P90X3 also has a wide variety of workout types, which seemed to be advantageous.  Since I can only do 4 workouts (plus a day of foam rolling) per week, I've extended the P90X3 schedule from 3 months to 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment