Monday, March 9, 2015

Snowy Run

Yesterday afternoon I decided to do a short, easy run outside, because the weather was finally spring-like warm and sunny!  I thought I'd run 30 min on Rock Creek Trail.  Well, that turned out to be an adventure, because the trail was still about half snow-covered.  So the run would go from packed snow to slush to bare pavement and back again.  I didn't make very good time, since the packed snow was a little slippery, and I didn't want to run through the deepest puddles.  I will admit that once I realized my feet were going to get soaked, it did make things go more smoothly.  I ended up running 2.52 mi in 28:16, which was an average speed of 5.35 mph.  It may have been for the best for the run to be that easy, since I was still tired from my long run the day before.

This morning I did my HIIT plyo sequence that I've been doing on Monday, followed by the Oxygen ab exercises.  My legs were still feeling a little tired.  I burned about 150 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment