Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Easy Run

Yesterday after work, I went to a boxing class.  I thought that boxing would be easier on my Achilles than tennis or running.  It did go OK in terms of the Achilles, and it was a good class overall.

This morning, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 40-min easy run.  I did this on the treadmill, and I did an extra-long walking warm-up (10 min) to make sure my Achilles tendons were really warmed up.  I ran for 40 min at 5.3 mph, which gave a distance of 3.53 mi.  I could definitely feel my both Achilles while running, but it wasn't horrible.  Afterward, they were definitely more sore.

I had been planning to do a number of runs this week to catch up on my training schedule for my vacation last week, but I think that's probably not a good idea with how my Achilles are feeling.  I think I will do some walking and then some running later in the week.  The tendons were definitely feeling better over the few days since the hike that hurt them, so hopefully they'll improve pretty quickly.

Today I drove to Pennsylvania to visit my mom for a few days.  This afternoon, I went with her to Curves to do a routine with extra exercises using free weights.  It was actually a pretty good routine, and I got a good sweat going.  I forgot to check my calorie burn when I started, so I don't know what I burned.

This evening, we went for a short walk with my mom's dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment