Saturday, August 15, 2015

Saturday Practice

I traveled back home yesterday.  This morning, I had a practice with my tennis team.  This was the first time I'd played tennis since late July!  In the first round, my partner, Fran, and I won 5-2; this was a bit of a surprise since I was rusty and Fran is coming back from a broken wrist.  In the second round, my partner, Lisa, and I lost the first set 6-7 and were ahead in the second set, 1-0.  In the third round, my partner, Flora, and I lost 2-3 in a very competitive round.

Fortunately, the tennis did not seem to bother my Achilles.  I think they are continuing to feel better.

This afternoon, I did any easy run on the treadmill.  I warmed up gradually by walking for 10 min, and then I ran for 55 min at 5.3 mph.  The distance totaled 4.86 mi.  The run felt pretty good.

With my Achilles problem, I am adapting my training schedule.  Previously, it had been scheduled to complete before the 10-mi race I'm doing on Sep. 13.  However, my target race is really the Marine Corps Marathon 10K on Oct. 25, so I'm backing it up a bit to finish before that, and I'll use the 10-mi race as a long run.  This will give me this week and next week to do only easy runs to rehab my Achilles, and then I'll repeat some of the training schedule before continuing with the end of it before the 10K.  Hopefully this will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment