Thursday, August 27, 2015

Two Days

I've been busy at work, so I haven't kept up with my blogging as much.

Tuesday after work, I did the next run on my training schedule.  Because of my Achilles and a bit of break, I backed up several weeks on the schedule and am repeating them.  I did a 60-min easy run on the treadmill at 5.3 mph.  The distance came to 5.3 mi.

Yesterday morning, I did my lower body strength workout.  I did the same exercises as last time.  I did add in some calf/Achilles exercises, which I alternated with the wrist exercises.  The first one was a single-leg calf raise; I did 15 reps per leg (3 sets) with a 20-lb weight.  The second exercise was an eccentric calf lower:  I stood on both feet on a step, explosive raised up onto my toes, and then lowered my heels below the step level on a count of 10.  I did 3 sets of 15 reps.  With a warm up and cool down, I burned about 135 calories in this workout in about 50 min.

Yesterday evening, I had a practice with my tennis team.  In the first round, I got crushed in singles 6-1, although we did have a number of deuce games.  In the second round, my partner, Bhanu, and I lost 6-1, 1-0; I was not playing very well.  It was a beautiful night, though!

This morning, I did my upper body strength workout.  Since I had a record from the last time, I used all the same weights.  The only change I made was to actually do the push-presses explosively, since my Achilles are feeling better:  I used 12 lb weights.  With the warm up and cool down, this workout took about 50 min, and I burned about 145 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment