Saturday, February 13, 2016

Boxing + Tennis

Yesterday was my rest day, so I did some stretching and foam rolling before work, and that was it for my activity.  I did get in a reasonable number of steps at work.

This morning I went to a boxing class.  This is not my usual class, but it's a pretty decent one.  I did burn almost 400 calories during the hour, which is pretty high for that - the instructor does keep us moving pretty much the whole time.  I just don't care for his style quite as much as I do with the Sunday instructor.

This afternoon, I had a practice with my tennis team.  In the first round, my partner, Viqui, and I won 5-4 - it was a very good round.  In the second round, my partner, Whitney, and I won the first set 7-5, but lost the second set 1-3; one of our opponents is an extremely hard hitter, and when she's on, she's really, really good.  In the third round, my partner, Joan, and I lost 3-5; we had a lot of good points, but made some mistakes, and our opponents did not as much.  It was a good practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment