Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mile Repeats

Yesterday morning, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was mile repeats.  I did 6 x 1 mi at 6.7 mph (8:58 min/mi), alternating with 6 x 0.5 mi at 5.0 mph (12:00 min/mi).  I did this run on the treadmill.  It took 90 minutes, and the distance came to 9.0 mi.  I knew this was going to be a hard run, and it was.  I took a lot of breaks on the rails.  Somehow I don't like to run as hard on a treadmill as I might when I'm outside or on a race.  Maybe because the pace is absolute? 

In the afternoon - actually, less than 2 hours after the run - I had a practice with my tennis team.  In the first round, my partner, Randy, and I won 4-3.  In the second round, my partner, Whitney, and I lost 5-7, 2-3.  In the last round, my partner, Libby, and I won 6-0, 3-0.  I didn't always do the best pairings to get competitive matches, but I have to work with the players present.

The run and practice right afterward really wore me out!  I sent to bed extra early, and slept over 9 hours!  This morning, I did my usual boxing class.  I was still feeling a bit worn out, but it was a good class. 

My back has been getting really stiff again, especially in the mornings.  I need to keep doing the stretches I was doing for awhile, I guess.  There's only so much time in the day sometimes!  I've been really valuing my sleep, but I guess I need to work the stretches back in where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment