Thursday, February 11, 2016

Why is running so hard?

Yesterday evening, I had originally intended to go to a boxing class.  However, it was really cold out, so by the time I got home, I didn't feel like rushing to get ready and then hurrying back out into the cold and traffic.  So I decided to stay home and do a run, and then do cardio tennis the next day.

I ran on the treadmill at 5.7 mph for 50 minutes, so the distance came to 4.7 mi.  This run just felt hard again.  I had been doing so well with my easy runs, but now my heart rate is up quite a bit for them and they just aren't easy.  Maybe my legs are sore and tired from The Master's Hammer and Chisel.  I'm wondering if I'm starting to get anemic again - I'm paranoid about that, so I'm going to up my iron supplements for awhile.  I also have a sneaking suspicion that my old treadmill was falling apart so much that I was actually running on a decline because the supports were failing - I think I would've felt that in my quads, though.  So I don't know what's going on, but it's depressing.

This morning, I did the next Hammer and Chisel workout, which was Chisel Cardio.  This is an OK workout - not my favorite, but it's not too bad.  I upped my reps on a few moves.  I also burned many more calories than when I did it the first time - about 190 calories compared to just over 100 or so previously.  I'm not sure why that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment