Friday, February 26, 2016

Tennis Loss

Last night I had a tennis match with my 3.5 team.  Unfortunately we lost 3 of the 5 courts, so we lost the match overall.  My partner, Whitney, and I lost 0-6, 4-6.  We played so badly in the first set - it seemed like we just couldn't hit anything and keep it in play.  Fortunately we pulled ourselves together in the second set.  I started playing a lot more at the net to cut off rallies and keep our opponents from having as much time to get into position for put-away shots.  We were neck-and-neck with them in the second set until 4-4, and then they managed to win the last two games.  We did feel better about being competitive, at least, in the second set.

Today is my rest day.  This morning before work, I did some stretching and foam rolling.  My lower back has been feeling a little worse lately - not the horrible "don't want to bend over" pain I had last fall, but worse.  I need to bring back the stretching I was doing for it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment