Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Flood!

Yesterday after work, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 100-min easy run.  I ran at 5.6 mph on the treadmill, and it wasn't as hard as I was expecting.  The distance came to 9.2 mi.  I don't usually do such long runs after work, because it means a late dinner, but this wasn't too bad.

This morning I did the next workout in The Master's Hammer and Chisel, which was Chisel Balance.  Some of these moves are so hard!  Particularly the exercises where you do a 1-legged sit down and up on the bench, and the 1-legged row-pistol squats.  I am getting better on them, however,  I burned about 170 calories.

Today after work, I did a run on the treadmill.  I ran for 50 min at 5.6 mph, so the distance came to 4.61 mi.  This was OK. 

While I was running, we had a pretty severe thunderstorm come through.  The surprise came when I turned off the treadmill and could hear "normally" again.  I could hear running water!  There shouldn't be any water running in our basement, so I knew something was wrong.  Rain from the thunderstorm had flooded the backyard and filled up the window well outside one of our basement window, and the water was cascading in through the window.  (Yes, the window was closed!)  So I had to figure out any way to at least contain the incoming water.  This had me in a bit of a panic for awhile.  Fortunately, the storm moved through very quickly, so things did not flood as much as they could have, or as much as they have in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment