Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Doubles Loss

Yesterday morning I had to be to work extra early, so no workout.

Yesterday evening I had a 3.5 match.  Whitney and I played on #1 doubles - which is not usually a spot I put myself in, being a 3.0.  However, all three of our 3.0s were playing, and so I had placed one on each doubles court.  Even so, we had a really fun, competitive match.  We lost the first set 6-3, but felt like we could've done better.  And we did.  In the second set, we got ahead 4-2, and then 5-4.  Then we could not win the last games to take the set.  We lost the set 7-5.  It was such a fun match, though.  There was a lot of strategic ball placement; lobs to short balls to net play, and it really made you think as well as run and hit.  Too bad for the loss, though, since it meant that we lot the overall match.

Fortunately my leg did not bother me.  I wore my brace, but I did not feel it being a problem.  It's a little bothersome today, but hopefully it will shake out before my NOVA match tonight.

This morning I did P90X+ Kenpo Cardio+, one of my favorites.  Again I wore the brace and the leg did not bother me.  I burned about 280 calories.  Maybe it's silly, but it feels good to get a good burn in first thing for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment