Friday, May 9, 2014

First NOVA Match

Last night I played my first NOVA match.  This is for a 3.5 Northern Virginia tennis team.  Something happened with the formal USTA league, so we are playing a "fun" league that does not count toward ratings.  My partner, Joy, and I lost on #3 doubles, unfortunately: 7-6, 6-0.  In the first set, we were always within 1 game or even with our opponents and got to 6-6.  Then we lost the set tie-breaker 7-0.  I'm not quite sure what happened with that.

Unfortunately, whatever adjustments our opponents made to beat us in the tie-breaker, they kept it up in the second set.  I felt like I kept ending up in the wrong place and screwing up, although Joy had her share of errors, too.  We lost the second set really fast.  It was fun to play, but frustrating to have the second set go by so quickly and not be able to win anything.

Today is my rest day.  This morning, I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  My right calf had tightened up last night during the match, so I'm hoping the foam rolling helped with that.  I'm not feeling it right now, so maybe it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment