Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Tempo Run & Biking

This morning I did a 6-mi tempo run.  My goal was to run at about 6.2 mph.  I'm still having problems getting the right BPM for my pace on Pace DJ.  I am starting to think that the problem is that I run too fast for the beat when the beat is slower.  I did run 6.04 mi in 58:48, which averages to 6.16 mph.  However, my 1-mi splits were crazy:  6.18 mph, 6.74 mph, 6.57 mph, 6.55 mph, 5.51 mph, and 5.68 mph.  I really worked hard on the last mile to slow myself down to the actual beat.  I was going way too fast in the first miles, and I could feel that I was, but I couldn't seem to keep myself slowed down.

My leg didn't stop my run this time, but I started feeling it 3 - 4 miles into the run.  Hopefully it will recover before the long run I want to do on Friday.  I also hope I can not run so fast!

After breakfast, Bill and I biked around the condo complex.  We biked about 20 miles in a little less than 2 hours.  It was pretty leisurely, but fun to do.  I cut it a little short because I felt my leg hurting a bit more.  It seems to be OK a few hours later as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment