Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mixed Combo Fail

Last night I had a mixed combo match.  Again, I was playing with someone that is not my husband, but at least he is a 4.0.  After the warm up, it seemed like both our opponents were very erratic players, and we should be able to get them to make a lot of errors, although the guy hit really hard.  The other guy served the first game, and his serve was so strong, I really couldn't do anything with it.  But the pivotal thing happened on the last point:  my partner broke the strings on his racquet.  He had another racquet with him, but it was an old racquet of his wife's and not really good for him.  Why he brought that as a back-up, I don't know.  Anyway, he had a lot of trouble adjusting to the racquet, and we lost the first set 6-1.  In the second set, my partner had an excellent serve game, so we were hopeful.  But then we ended up losing the second set 6-1 as well.  We both had too many errors, and I just couldn't handle the other guy's serve, which is very rare for me.  It was an extremely frustrating match.

This morning I had a practice with my tennis team.  We played without keeping score in order to be able to focus on learning and reinforcing some of the stuff from Wintergreen.  It was a beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment