Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Two Runs

Yesterday afternoon I had planned to do cardio tennis at TCCP, but it was canceled because there weren't enough people signed up.  So I came home and did a 4.5-mi run instead.  Again, I split the runs into fifths in time and each fifth increased by 0.1 mph from 5.8 mph to 6.2 mph.  I finished in 45:00.

This morning I did the second workout of Stage 3 of NROLW.  I didn't increase weights, but this workout doesn't really have much in the way of weights to increase.   I did get 4 pull-ups in each set.  This workout really makes me feel like I'm sitting around doing a lot of nothing.  I shortened the rest intervals a bit so that I finished in about 65 min.  I didn't do the HIIT because I didn't have time.

I have decided that I'm not going to continue on with NROLW past this week.  I just don't think it's what I need right now.  I like the idea of lifting heavy, and I think I've gained some strength.  However, it's been 3 months, and I certainly haven't seen any decrease in my body fat, despite what NROLW claims.  Of course, I've been doing other stuff with it, which the book definitely does not recommend.  I also feel like the workouts have really been dragging on for longer than I want to spend on them.  For me, the straw that broke the camel's back was looking ahead at Stage 4, which is pretty much a repeat of Stage 2, but with more sets so it'll take longer.

I think I'm going to arrange my own schedule with a mix mostly of P90X2 and Asylum vols. 1 and 2. 

This afternoon I came home to do a shorter run.  I ran 3 mi in 30:00, following my increasing speed strategy.  Then I did 5 x 1 min at 7.5mph, alternating with 5 x 2 min standing on the rails for rest, in order to do some HIIT.  This was interesting, and I think it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment