Thursday, December 18, 2014

Catching Up

I have been busy with work and finals and grading, so I haven't had a chance to blog.

Monday morning I didn't do any exercise because I had to get up early for an 8am final exam.  Monday night I had my usual doubles tennis at TCCP.  In the first round, my partner, Anda, and I didn't play that badly, but we got crushed by our opponents, one of whom was playing really well.  We lost 6-1.  In the second round, I redeemed myself; my partner, Lindsay, and I won 6-2.  It was all fun.

Tuesday morning I did Insanity the Asylum vol. 2 Xtrainer.  I was feeling a bit better in this workout this week, since I'm starting to get caught up on sleep.  I burned about 270 calories.  Tuesday evening I went to cardio tennis at TCCP, which was fun.  The new guy is learning how to keep me moving, and I was also playing pretty well.

Yesterday morning, I did P90X2 V-Sculpt.  I still don't get much burn out of this; I guess I should increase the weights on my moves, but individually, they feel like I'm using enough.  Also, for some of the balance/plank moves, the issue is not the weights, but the core.  I burned about 150 calories.

Yesterday evening I did an easy run on my training schedule.  I ran for 45 minutes at a speed increasing  from 5.8 mph to 6.2 mph, averaging 6.0 mph.  This totaled 4.5 miles.  The run started out feeling OK, but started to feel hard toward the end.

This morning I had P90X2 Plyocide on my schedule, but I really wasn't feeling it today.  Instead, I did my favorite: P90X+ Kenpo Cardio+.  It got a good sweat going.  I burned about 260 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment