Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Tennis and Runs

On Sunday evening I played tennis doubles with some ladies from my team.  In the first round, my partner, Fran, and I won 7-5.  We had been down 4-1, so we were happy to come back for the win.  In the second round, my partner, Shelley, and I won 6-4.  In the last round, my partner, Libby, and I were ahead 5-0 when we ran out of time.  It was a good day of tennis!

I was off on Monday for travel to Grosse Pointe, MI, where my in-laws live.

Yesterday morning I did a run at a local fitness club.  I ran for 40 min and totaled 4.0 mi.  I increased my speed from 5.8 mph to 6.2 mph in order to average 6.0 mph.  I did take quite a few breaks, as my hamstrings were kind of sore for some reason.  I also had to argue with the treadmill several times, as any inadvertent taps on the control screen wanted to send it to an 8.5-degree incline, which was most definitely not what I wanted.

This morning I ran 8.0 mi at 5.8 mph.  I'm not sure the exact time on the treadmill, since the dumb thing decided to stop about halfway through.  However, It should have been 82 or 83 minutes at that speed.  I did take breaks, but the run did not feel horribly hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment