Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Run in CA and a Run in MD

Yesterday morning, I did another outside run in Monterey.  This was a short one, since we had to start our drive to the airport, and I was tired from my really big run the day before.  I ran for 29:15, and the distance was 2.7 mi.  This gives an average speed of 5.53 mph, which I'm quite suspicious of.  With the hills and my tired legs, I felt like I was moving so slowly.  I suspect that the GPS skipped a bit, although I don't see anything obvious in the tracking map.

We flew home yesterday.  This morning, I started the Beachbody The Master's Hammer & Chisel program.  I am adapting the schedule, since I have other things I'm doing as well, so the 60-day program is going to take more like 75 days.  This morning was Chisel Balance, which turned out to be more challenging than I expected.  Two of the balance moves were really tough.  The first move, which was a 1-legged squat to sit on the bench was very hard, especially on my left leg.  The last move, a 1-legged row and pistol squat, was also hard.  Well, I guess that means there's room for improvement!  I burned about 160 calories in 40 min, which was a surprise.

Today after work, I did an easy run on the treadmill.  I ran at 5.6 mph for 50 min, giving a distance of 4.66 mi.  This did feel like an easy run, which I was happy about.  My legs were still a little twingy from my very long run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment