Sunday, January 3, 2016

Two Runs

Yesterday, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was an 80-min easy run.  Since I like to watch something while doing a run that long, I went to the local YMCA to use the treadmill.  In the 80 minutes, I ran 7.45 mi.  This run did feel a bit hard on my hamstrings.

My lower back has really been bothering me again.  I think the fact that I'm running more than usual and I'm not stretching as much is what's causing it, similar to the situation I was in in September when visiting Grosse Pointe for my mother-in-law's funeral.  I've been trying to be good and stretch more, but we'll see how it goes.

Today, since it is Sunday, the YMCA wasn't open in the morning, so I did my run outside.  I went to the same paved trail along the river that I did on New Year's Day.  The temperature was a bit below freezing, but at least it wasn't windy, and it wasn't snowing, at least when I started running.  By my turn-around point, it had started precipitating very small pellets of snow/ice.  Fortunately the precipitation rate was pretty low, so it didn't bother me too much.  In 1:00:36, I ran 5.56 mi, which was an average speed of 5.5 mph.  Not bad!  Even better, my splits were all negative on the run.  Considering the conditions and the run I did yesterday, I'm very happy with that.  A bonus I discovered about these cold winter runs in Franklin is that since there is pretty much NO ONE else on the trails, I can see along to my 80s pop music while I run and not bother anyone!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment