Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Speed Intervals

Yesterday afternoon, I did the next run on my training schedule, which had speed intervals.  I did 16 x 2:15 at 6.8 mph, alternating with 16 x 1:30 at 5.0 mph.  The time for this added up to 60 minutes.  I ran on my treadmill, which happily managed to make it through the workout - I keep expecting it to die at any time.  The first half of the workout went pretty well.  I ended up taking some extra breaks in the second half.  It felt kind of good to be doing something other than an easy run.  The distance came to 6.09 mi.

This morning, I did the next workout in The Master's Hammer and Chisel, which was Chisel Endurance.  This was a pretty good workout.  The moves where you step up on the bench were a challenge - I keep wanting to trip.  I burned about 120 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment