Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Match That Didn't Happen

Yesterday morning I did the second workout in The Master's Hammer & Chisel program, which was Hammer Plyometrics.  This had a lot of interesting plyo moves - some tried-and-true, and some newer.  The whole workout, with warm-up and cool-down, was 25 minutes, so short and sweet.  I burned about 100 calories.

After the first two workouts in The Master's Hammer & Chisel, I was definitely sore, especially my legs.  Hopefully that's a good sign that the new program is doing something!  Or maybe just that I had too much time off from traditional workouts over Christmas.

Yesterday after work I was supposed to have a tennis match with my 3.5 team.  However, during the evening rush hour, it started snowing lightly.  The problems started because it was so cold that the snow froze into ice on the roads almost immediately.  There were lots of accidents and traffic was at a standstill.  There was no way any of us were going to get to the match, so the other captain and I called it off.  Fortunately MCTA was OK with that, and it will be rescheduled.

This morning, I did the next H & C workout, Iso Strength Chisel.  This was a very different workout, with alternating reps and holds.  It was definitely hard.  Again, it focused a lot on the legs.  In 35 minutes, I burned about 145 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment