Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Easy Run

Yesterday after work, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 60-min easy run.  It's been awhile since my training schedule had such a short run on it!  I was going to do this run outside, but it was unseasonably chilly, so I stayed inside on the treadmill.  I ran at 5.7 mph for 1 hour, so the distance came to 5.65 mi.  My Basis Peak totally screwed up my heart rate during this run - most of the time it read way too low.  I stopped and checked my heart rate on my neck to be sure.  Frustrating!

This morning, I did a workout from The Master's Hammer and Chisel.  I'm pretty much done with the original program, since I had adapted it to four days a week.  I'm going to do a few more weeks of it, but I set up a schedule to use mostly the shorter workouts.  Today I did Iso Speed Hammer, followed by 10-Minute Ab Hammer.  This burned about 125 calories. 

I wanted a shorter workout this morning, because I put together a list of stretches to do to try to help loosen up my lower back and hamstrings and glutes.  I did those, plus some foam rolling, which took an additional 35 minutes, approximately.  Hopefully doing all this a few times a week will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment