Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tennis Loss/Win

Yesterday morning it was raining, so my team tennis practice outside was canceled.  I decided to go to a boxing class instead, which was something I hadn't done for awhile.  When I canceled my membership, I bought a punch-card for 5 classes, but it turns out when I got there that my membership hadn't officially ended yet, so I didn't have to use it.  The class was good in getting my heart rate up, but I didn't work hard on a lot of the leg moves, since I knew I had a 2.5-hr run waiting for me today.  I definitely got a good soreness in my lats, triceps, and shoulders from the punching.  That's why I always thought boxing was good for me:  it helped develop upper-body power that certainly should be good for tennis!

Yesterday evening, I had a match with my 3.5 tennis team.  My partner, Whitney, and I lost 7-6, 7-5.  It doesn't get a whole lot closer than that!  We were ahead in the first set 4-1 because we were playing pretty well and our opponents were making lots of errors.  They started to play better, and caught up to us and eventually won the first set.  The first set tie-breaker was 8-6!  In the second set, we started making more errors, but we still were neck-and-neck with them in the whole set until the very end.  It was frustrating to lose when we were so close!  Fortunately, our team won three of the other courts, so we won the match overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment