Saturday, April 9, 2016

Race Pace Run

Yesterday was my rest day.  My only activity was some stretching and foam rolling in the morning.  Otherwise, I definitely sat on my butt a lot because I had a bunch of meetings at work.

This morning, the weather was bad, so we couldn't have a tennis practice.  I could've gone to a boxing class, but I'm not sure if the boxing last week is what bothered my back so much, so I decided not to do that.  Instead, I did a Hammer and Chisel workout at home, Hammer Plyometrics, followed by a bunch of stretching and foam rolling.  The workout burned about 120 calories.

This afternoon, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a race-pace run.  I did 5 x 2 mi at 6.3 mph (9:30 min/mi pace), alternating with 5 x 5 min at 5.0 mph (12:00min/mi pace).  I did this on the treadmill, and the distance came to 11.9 mi in 2:00:00.  This was a hard run, which I knew it would be, so I did take breaks on the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment