Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tennis Win!

Yesterday morning I had a practice with my tennis team.  This was our first spring season practice.  We had 10 players, which was a good number.  In the first round, my partner, Susie, and I won 6-2.  In the second round, my partner, Donna, and I lost 5-7 and were then ahead 3-1.  In the last round, my partner, Nicole, and I won 4-3.

In the evening, we had our first 3.5 match of the spring season.  We won four of the five courts!  My partner, Nicole, and I won 7-5, 6-4.  We had a really fun match, with a lot of good points and not so many errors.  Nicole is new to the team, so I'm glad she had a good first match.

Today I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 2-hour easy run, with the last 20 minutes at race pace.  I ran on the treadmill at 5.7 mph for the first 100 minutes, and then ran at 6.3 mph for the last 20 minutes.  I started getting a bit light-headed in the last 15 minutes or so, so I had to take a lot of breaks.  The distance came to 11.49 mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment