Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Chest & Abs Work

Yesterday after work, I went to cardio tennis at TCCP.  We had the "old" instructor, who definitely runs us around more.  She took it easy on the newbies, though, and the second half of the hour almost ended up being too easy.  My legs were still recovering from Sunday and Monday.

This morning I did Body Beast BULK Chest.  I think I used weights about as heavy as the last time I went through the program.  I have always found it hard to increase my weights for chest moves.  After I was done, I could hardly lift my arms, so something went right.

After I finished the workout, I added in some ab moves from Oxygen magazine.  First was the sliding abs (I can't remember its name).  You get on all fours, with paper plates under your hands.  Then you slide your hands forward until you're almost laying stomach-down on the floor.  Then you slide your hands back.  The sliding back move is really hard!

The second move was sort of a farmer's carry, but the weight was held in one hand up by the shoulder.  I used 25 lb, but this didn't seem to do much for me.  Maybe I need to use a heavier weight, but then I'm just going to have problems holding it up.

The last move was the "Alligator walk".  You get in a plank position, with a weight plate underneath your toes.  You walk your hands forward, dragging your feet on the plate.  I used a 5-lb plate under each foot, since they are small.  This was tough, but doable for me.

These three moves would have needed more time than I had to do all the reps and sets, so I'm going to have to cut it down for next week.  I think I'll cut out the second move, since I didn't feel that much,  and hopefully that will give me enough time for the other two.

Overall, with the Body Beast workout and the abs moves, I only burned about 95 calories.  That's depressing for how much I was feeling the weights in both the chest and abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment