Sunday, January 25, 2015

Combo Win & Long Run

Last night, I had a tennis match with my combo team.  My partner, Shelley, and I won 6-4, 6-4.  This match was a little hairier than I would've liked it to have been.  In the first set, we were pretty even the whole time, until we got to 4-4, and we got the set win.  One of our opponents had a strong forehand that was also very low and hard to hit, and it was just beating us up.  The other player made a lot of errors, but also managed to get a lot of balls back unexpectedly.  In the second set, we got down 4-1 pretty quickly - I'm not even sure how that happened.  But we decided to keep at it, and we started to win.  We came back and won the set!

The team won one of the other courts, also 6-4, 6-4, so we won the match overall.  We lost the third court.  We can't win everything!  So far it has been a good season for the team.

Today I didn't go to my usual boxing class because I had a long run on my training schedule.  I ran 11 mi on the treadmill at 5.8 mph.  I finished this in 1:53:47.  The run felt OK- not great, but I've definitely had worse.

I entered this run in the Virtual 5K by Runs for Cookies .  I figured if I was going to run 11 miles, why not have 3.1 miles count for something?  It made for a slow 5K, but what the heck.

1 comment: