Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Extra Exercise

Yesterday my evening MCTA tennis match was canceled because of the weather.  I checked to see if I was needed as a sub in my Monday doubles at TCCP, but I was not.  I decided to run 3 miles on the treadmill just to burn some calories.  My legs were still quite sore from my long run on Sunday, so I kept it at 5.8 mph for 31 min to get the 3 miles.  As soon as I stepped off the treadmill, I got a request to come to TCCP anyway to play.  I can't turn down tennis!

So I went to TCCP and played for two hours.  My first round, which was singles, did not go that well - I lost 6-2.  My play wasn't quite as bad as the score looks, but I was definitely feeling my sore legs.  But I played some very good doubles.  In the next round, my partner, Anda, and I won 6-2.  Then we rotated, and my partner, Mary Ann, and I ended up tying our opponents at 5-5.  I was doing a good job of coming in to the net and ending the points more quickly.  But I was TIRED by the end of the night!  I hadn't really gotten much to eat for dinner, either.

This morning I did Insanity the Asylum Speed & Agility.  I was still pretty tired, so I took it pretty easy on this. Afterward, I did 3 x 20 glute bridges with a 20-lb weight.  I had intended to do those yesterday, but with the weather yesterday, I needed the extra time to get to class.  For Speed & Agility, I burned about 225 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment