Thursday, January 1, 2015

Treadmill Problems

Yesterday afternoon I planned to do the next run on my training schedule, which was 45 minutes.  However, about 40 minutes into the running section, my treadmill started making a bad noise.  It didn't seem like it was going to blow up immediately, but it seemed prudent to slow down to a walk.  So I did 40 minutes and 4 miles.  The speed averaged to 6 mph.

It turns out that there is a small rip in the belt of the treadmill.  A section about a half-inch wide has peeled up.  Every time it cycles around the belt, it hits parts of the treadmill, making noise.   Possibly I can cut off this little piece and keep using the treadmill until I can get a repair person to visit, but we'll see.

My Basis Peak did pick up on the running pretty quickly, as it should.  It was very interesting looking at all the data from the run later on.

This morning I did Insanity the Asylum vol. 2 Agility Tutorial, followed by Pure Contact.  This is a good combination to get a lot of sweat going, as well as getting good agility work and some plyo work.  My BodyMedia device said I burned 245 calories, while my Basis Peak said I burned 204 calories.  A bit of a difference, but not as different as the core workout yesterday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment