Monday, January 19, 2015

Doubles Win!

Last night, I had another match with my 3.5 team.  My partner, Jill, and I won 1-6, 6-1, 1-0.  We really didn't play well the first set - we were reacting instead of acting.  One of our opponents was a soft hitter, and one was a hard hitter.  So the whole set we were running up to get the soft, short balls, and then trying to back up to be ready to get the hard groundstrokes.  This really just didn't work.  In the second set, we concentrated on playing two up at the net, so we held our ground for the soft and hard balls.  We also took a lot of would-be lobs out of the air.  This worked really well in the second set, and continued in the match tie-breaker.

Our team won four of the five courts, which was great!  We won three of the courts in match tie-breakers, and the fourth win timed out in the second set.  Talk about close!  The only court we lost, we lost 5-7, 5-7, so it was also very close.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I tweaked my left calf in boxing yesterday.  This is the one that I pulled a couple times last November.  I wore my calf compression sleeve for the match, and fortunately it didn't bother me.  I can still feel it, though.

This morning I did P90X Legs & Back.  This is the last week for this exercise block.  I did not increase any weights, but I did get a couple more pull-ups.  I wanted to go easy on my calf, and I just wasn't all that excited to do the workout.  I burned about 170 calories.

I've been working really hard at getting more sleep than I did last semester.  And I have been doing it!  I've typically been getting at least 7 hours a night (compared to 6 hr last semester) and several nights a week I'm getting even more than that.  I've been several weeks on this "sleep" campaign.  So I don't really understand why I'm still feeling tired, and more sore, even, than usual.  Blah.  On the plus side, I think I am starting to very slowly lose a little weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment