Wednesday, February 4, 2015

7.5 Combo Win!

Last night I had my first match with my women's 7.5 combo team.  I was a little nervous, because it's definitely a higher level than I've been playing at.  I played with my old friend Janet on #1 doubles.  It turns out that our captain is smart and played me for the first time against a really bad team.  They had all 3.5s to play against us, except a self-rated 4.0 on our court.  They were really pretty awful.  The 3.5 opponent we had could not serve!  We beat them 6-1, 6-1.  Our team swept the match, which was a bonus.

This morning I did Body Beast BULK Chest.  I could not manage to use the 32.5-lb weights for the first chest presses like I did last week.  I think I got them too close to my chest and just couldn't get the move started.  Disappointing.  Pressing 32.5-lb per hand is about 1/4 of my bodyweight per hand, which really should be similar to what I do for push-ups.  I just can't seem to get past that level.    After that workout was done, I did some of the ab moves I talked about last Wednesday, which really haven't gotten any easier.  All of that in a little less than 40 minutes.  I only burned about 85 calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment