Monday, February 9, 2015

Huge 3.5 Win!

Our 3.5 team had a big win last night!  We played a very strong team that usually finished in the top 1 or 2 of the league.  The last three times we played them (in 2014), we only won one court of five.  Last night we won the match overall, winning three of the courts: #2 singles, and #2 and #3 doubles!  I'm so excited!

Jessica and I played on #3 doubles.  Since we're both new 3.5s, I didn't think we'd have much of a chance.  We lost the first set 6-3.  One of our opponents was a 4.0 that played on my 2014 tri-level team, but was moved down to 3.5 this year, so she was very good.  The other opponent was the captain of the other team, and she is not a good 3.5.  In the first set, they made very few errors.  And even though the weaker opponent wasn't good overall, she had this amazing topspin lob that went SO high and hit on the baseline, and bounced up SO high.  She was hitting it perfectly corner to corner in the first set, and we really couldn't do much with it.

In the second set, our opponents started making mistakes.  We broke the stronger one's serve in the first game, and we found out later that her partner (her captain) told her she was making too many mistakes.  Geez.  We think that just messed her up, and she tried to start going for everything and making a lot of errors.  Meanwhile, her partner started losing her good lob - it got shorter and lower, so we could start taking it out of the air.  We won the second set 6-1.  Then in the match tie-breaker, we were always een or ahead and ended up winning it 10-7.

From keeping an eye on the other courts, I thought our court was the only one that we won.  However, our #2 singles player had the scorecards reversed - she won, instead of losing.  And I guess I just totally missed the court next to us winning.  So we won the match!  I think we were all really surprised!  So exciting!

This morning, I did Body Beast BULK Shoulders.  I increase weights for one intermediate move.  I maybe should have tried to increase the weights on the shoulder press, but going from 20 to 25 lb per hand is a pretty tough jump.  I burned about 105 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment