Saturday, February 7, 2015

Combo Win!

Yesterday was my rest day, so I didn't do any activity after work.  However, the team planned a get-together for Libby's birthday after our combo match, so I went to watch the match.  It was very close, but fortunately we won two of the three courts.  The two courts we won followed the same pattern: we won the first set in a set tie-breaker, lost the second set, and won the match tie-breaker.  On the third court, we won the first set, but then lost the second set and match tie-breaker.

The party afterward was fun.  We got a few appetizers and had some really good cupcakes that Lisa made.  It's nice when team members are so happy to get together.

This morning, way too early, I had a practice with my team.  I did not play my best - with only about 5 hours of sleep, I wonder why?  My partner, Joan, and I won the first round 6-1, 1-0.  In the second round, my partner, Terri, and I won the end of the first set 7-6, but then lost the next part 1-4.  In the last round, my partner, Fran, and I lost 3-5.  It was still a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment