Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Agility HIIT

Last night I had my usual tennis doubles at TCCP.  I played OK.  In the first round, my partner, Donna, and I lost 6-3.  We started out pretty strong, but then had trouble.  One of our opponents was a lefty, and for some reason we were just having a lot of trouble with her serves.  In the second round, I played that lefty opponent in singles, but that was no problem - she's really not overall a very strong player.  I beat her 6-0, and then we played for awhile longer.  In the third round, my partner, Mariann, and I won 6-2.

This morning, I did a new HIIT routine that I call "Agility HIIT".  I got Gina Harney's book HIIT it!, which inspired me.  I did a sequence of 10 agility moves, mostly from Insanity the Asylum volumes 1 and 2; I did each move for 30 seconds and then had 30 seconds of rest.  Then I repeated the sequence again.  This was definitely a sweaty workout, but I'm not sure my heart rate got up quite hard enough to call it HIIT - I'll have to work harder at it next week.  After this was done, I did Insanity the Asylum vol. 2 Ab Shredder.  Overall I burned about 225 calories - not bad at all, for about 45 minutes' worth of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment