Sunday, February 8, 2015

Two Runs

Yesterday afternoon, I did the next race on my training schedule.  It called for 7 miles: 3 miles at an easy pace, 1 mile at a moderate pace, and 3 miles at a hard/race pace.  I did the first 3 miles at 5.8 mph, the middle mile at 6.0 mph, and the last 3 miles at 6.5 mph.  This was not as bad as I was expecting it to be.  I ran the first 20 minutes with only one break, and it felt pretty good.  The last 3 miles were a lot harder, of course.  The run took 1:08:45.

Today I had planned to practice outside with my tennis team, as we are having unusually warm weather.  However, we ended up with an extra (fifth) player.  Since I was the closet to home, I just came home and let them play.

I changed into running clothes and went down to Rock Creek Park to run on the trail.  I ran 3.0 miles in about 30:30, which was about 5.9 mph.  I wanted this to be pretty easy, since I had just run yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment