Monday, February 16, 2015

Sunday Tennis

Yesterday at lunch time, I had a practice with my team.  My play was still not great.  My partner, Whitney, and I won our first round 6-2, so that went well.  But then my next partner, Mary Ann, and I lost 5-7, 1-4 in the second round.  In the last round, my partner, Michelyn, and I lost 2-6.  Blah.

In the evening, I had a match with my 6.5 combo team.  Unfortunately there was a lot of drama before the match, because I needed to find a sub for one of my 3.0s and had trouble doing so - but I did.  Then another 3.0 pulled out of the match about 4 hours ahead of time.  There was no chance of finding another sub on the holiday weekend, so we ended up defaulting the third court.  Very frustrating.  At the match, my partner, Shelley, and I won 6-3, 6-4.  Our opponents were really pretty weak, so we should've won by more, but so it goes.  We lost the other court, so we lost our first combo match of the season.

This morning I started a new segment of my training cycle.  I did a plyometric HIIT workout.  I did 10 plyo moves for 30 sec followed by 30 sec of rest.  Then I did the same sequence again, but with 15 sec and 15 sec.  This definitely got my heart pumping.  After that, I did some of the ab moves from Oxygen magazine that I described a couple weeks ago.  Overall, I burned about 165 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment