Saturday, February 21, 2015

Long Run

Yesterday was my rest day, so I didn't do any more specific activity.

I woke up to another lowest weight since at least last July - 124 lb.  I can't complain that I'm finally losing weight, but it almost seems to be flying off.  I'm not sure what has helped me finally start losing, but I'm guessing the biggest factor is finally getting more sleep and becoming less fatigued.  I've definitely been working very hard at that.

This afternoon I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 12-mi easy run.  I ran at 5.8 mph the whole way.  The run felt pretty good.  I only took 30-s breaks every 10 minutes for the first 40 or 50 minutes, which is quite good for me.  I took more breaks later.  I think part of what motivated me was watching The Hunger Games; it's distracting and motivating.  After all, if she's running for her life, surely I can run a few miles!  The run took me 2:04:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment